VCMS 2018 8th Grade Band:
2018 School year's last performances & upcoming events !!
Parents & Students-
Listed are our end of year performances & events preparing for next year's band program.
Wednesday, April 25th: VCMS Bands- Pioneer League Instrumental Music Festival @ Mulvane. Schedule: VCMS PLMS Schedule 2018.docx
8th Grade (Incoming HS Freshmen) Band Parent Meeting Thursday, April 6:30pm @VCHS. Band Aide Meeting directly following.
Clinics/Auditions are set for the 2018 VCHS Drumline:
- Thursday, May 1st 6:30-8pm (Clinic)
- Thursday, May 3rd 6:30-8pm (Clinic)
- Tuesday, May 8th 6:30-8pm (Clinic)
- Thursday, May 10th 6:30-8pm AUDITIONS
- Monday, May 14th 6:30-8pm (2018 Drumline Meeting & Rehearsal)
- Tuesday, May 15th 6:30-8pm (2018 Drumline Rehearsal)
Information on Home Page of Website.
Other upcoming Events & Performances:
Monday May 7th- VC District Mass Band Concert in the VCHS Gym 8pm following VCHS Choir Concert 7pm in HS Auditorium. RT 6:30 for Full 7th/8th Grade Bands, 6pm for MS Jazz & Percussion Ensemble.
2018 VCHS Summer Band Dates Announced:
- Week of June 18th: Marching Percussion Sub-Sectionals (Student Arranged Days & Times for 90 minutes) @ VCHS.
- July 30th & 31st: VCHS Band Leadership Camp 9am-Noon @ VCHS.
- July 30th-Friday, Aug. 3rd: VCHS Drumline Camp 1pm-4pm @ VCHS.
- Aug. 1st-3rd: -FULL BAND BASICS CAMP 9am-Noon@ VCHS-District Stadium.
- Aug. 6th-Aug. 10th: VCHS FULL BAND CAMP 8am-4pm@ VCHS.
- Aug. 10th: VCHS Band Camp Parent Show & Tell 6:30pm-7pm @ VCHS.
- Aug. 14th,16th, 21st, 23rd: VCHS Marching Band Evening Rehearsals 7-9pm @ VCHS.
This Pre-Season time affords us an opportunity to accomplish what would take approximately twenty-two days, or over five weeks, on our regular rehearsal schedule. Therefore, it is imperative that no time be wasted and that the students come to the camp prepared. Attendance is mandatory.
If you have any conflicts, they should be communicated to the Band Staff by Friday, May 11th.
2018 VCHS Marching Band Competition/Festival Dates:
- Saturday, Sept. 22nd:VC Fall Festival
- Saturday, Oct. 13th: Shawnee Misson North Invitational (Overland Park, KS.)
- Saturday, Oct. 20th: KBA Marching Championship @ Washburn University (Topeka)
- Saturday, Oct. 27th: Neewollah Marching Festival in Independence, KS.
Please contact us immediately to discuss conflicts for any of the dates involved in any of the camps or competitions.
Congrats to the 2018-2019 Valley Center Hornet Colorguard: Sidney Baldwin, Sydney Farney, Grace LaMastres, Emily Kutz, MacKenzie Moldenhauer, Madison Moses, Caroline Norman, Jillian Norris, Della O'Donnell, Alex Palmer, Chloe Peterson, Jaycie Phillips, Emily Redfield, & Sammy Thompson !! It's going to be an amazing season!
Here are some rehearsal dates for May that are mandatory:
More dates will become available soon. These rehearsals are from 6:45-9:00pm at the Valley Center Middle school. Please wear all Black attire and bring all equipment. We will start working on technique and develop movement.